1) Selecting your stone
The first step in the process will be to come visit our showroom at 17 Enterprise Ave Unit I. Please be sure to bring a rough drawing with measurements of your project. The showroom includes the various colours of granite and quartz as well as samples of sinks, faucets and backsplashes. We will be happy to work with you to match your cabinets and tiles and to help you select the perfect colour for your room and your budget. Upon selection of colours, we can provide an estimate for the project subject to final measurements. Please note, granite colour names and look are highly variable.
To proceed to the next step in the process, a signed quote is required along with a 40% deposit.
Our all-inclusive option includes visiting your home for measurements (within city limits). Upon confirmation of measurements and if necessary we will update the quote to reflect any changes in total sqft. Please click the link below to see our measurement checklist which provides all the information you require to be ready for your counter top measurement.
We require 3-4 days to fabricate and prepare the granite for installation. This process is completed in our workshop to minimize dust and interruption. If we are using a slab from one of our Ottawa based suppliers, we require an additional 5 business days for delivery of the slab.
Installation takes on average 3-4 hours to complete for an average sized kitchen. In order for us to install quickly and efficiently, we request the following:
- Please have your walkways and driveways cleared as well as a clear path to the area to be installed
- Empty all cabinets and drawers.
- Secure delicate items – Please remove any breakable items and cover items to protect them from the dust that can be created
- Faucets – Please have ready any faucets or any other items that need to be drilled into the countertops.
- Removing old countertops – Unless otherwise stated, old countertops are to be removed prior to installation.
- Plumbing- All plumbing is to be disconnected prior to Granstone installing the countertops. Granstone will fasten the sink but will not reconnect any plumbing. All plumbing work unless otherwise stated is the responsibility of the homeowner
- Appliances – Large appliances are to be removed and out of the way prior to install as they can get inadvertently damaged during installation
The 60% balance is due upon completion and subject to our payment terms and conditions.
Please click the link below to see our installation checklist which provides all the information you require to be ready for your counter top install.
Please allow 24 hours for the epoxy to dry thoroughly before reconnecting the plumbing and start using the sink.
Please retain your invoice for warranty purposes. Granstone will Warranty the countertop for up to 2 year for natural stone defects, Acts of neglect or carelessness on behalf of the customer will not be the responsibility of Granstone.
Please click the link below to our full brochure which will provide all the information required to make you prepared and knowledgeable for your full countertop experience from beginning to end